WORKSHOP, CLASS + CLINIC SERIES
CURATED BY ADVENTURERS FOR ADVENTURERS
View The Full Adventure Education Schedule By Event Day
At the Outside Adventure Expo, we believe that the education you take into the backcountry is as important as the equipment you bring along. As such, we have lined up a program for each day of the event that will feature inspiring adventurers and knowledgeable experts.
Our programming centers around the following themes:
- Family-friendly sessions that aim to help families get the most out of their outdoor outings.
- Hands-on / How-to classes where experts in a variety of fields will conduct live demonstrations, share their top tips and tricks and field any questions you may have.
- “Doing Good as We Go” will feature speakers who have made a difference in the communities and spaces they adventure in, industry experts on outdoor safety and recreation and not-for-profit organizations working to preserve and protect our outdoor spaces.
- Sustainability classes and roundtables featuring speakers discussing outdoor ethics and the tenets of responsible adventuring.
- Outdoor Lifestyle 101 sessions and clinics to provide fundamental skills and a knowledge base for new adventurers entering the outdoor community.
- Demonstrations hosted by our awesome exhibitors showcasing how to use their products in the field.
Classes will be open to each ticket holder and exhibitor. Session formats will be 50 minutes in length to accommodate roundtable discussions by expert panelists or in-depth, hands-on educational sessions. Additionally, 20-minute sessions will take place twice each hour to highlight inspirational stories or vital Utah outdoor agency information dissemination.
FEATURED SPEAKERS + TOPICS
- Learn Nature Photography Tips From National Geographic Photographer, Mylo FowlerMylo Fowler, was born in the Navajo Nation capital in Arizona and is passionate about giving back to theContinue reading “Learn Nature Photography Tips From National Geographic Photographer, Mylo Fowler”
- Epic Adventuring with Wee Ones: The Hofman Family StoryCees and Madison’s love story has been fast and furious and full of adventure! They met and fell inContinue reading “Epic Adventuring with Wee Ones: The Hofman Family Story”
- Gear Up For Adventure With Workshops, Classes, Demos, And ClinicsAt the Outside Adventure Expo, we believe that the education you take into the backcountry is as important as the equipment you bring along. As such, we have lined up a program for each day of the event that will feature inspiring adventurers and knowledgeable experts.
- Learn Rock Climbing Fundamentals From Former USA Climbing Coach, Maggie McDermutMaggie McDermut is a former USA Climbing coach and climbing gym instructor having worked at Santa Barbara Climbing Gym.Continue reading “Learn Rock Climbing Fundamentals From Former USA Climbing Coach, Maggie McDermut”
- Why Learning Self-Defense is Critical for Solo AdventurersThe Outside Adventure Expo is thrilled to host a life-changing weekend of self-defense and awareness seminars with Peaceful WarriorContinue reading “Why Learning Self-Defense is Critical for Solo Adventurers”
- Learn How to Mountain Bike Like a Pro at Outside Adventure ExpoSimplyMTB local experts will host mountain biking fundamentals clinics on a custom-built course as part of Outside Adventure Expo. Plus, ride the Jordan River Trail to the show and valet your bike for free, June 25-27 at Utah State Fairpark.
- How to Build a Brand New Life by Embracing the OutdoorsFinding herself facing mental health challenges, Kay Rodriguez turned to the outdoors “as a way to heal, get stronger, and ground herself in nature.” In 2019, Urban Outdoors was born as a hub to help people discover the best trails, learn new sports, and foster outdoor adventure communities in every major city. Hear more of Kay’s inspiring story in Salt Lake City at the Outside Adventure Expo, June 25-27th.
- 4 Meals You Can Cook on the Road in Less Than 30 MinutesHaving trained as a chef in Napa Valley and in Northern Italy, Chef Steve Corso found he much preferred cooking alfresco to working in a professionally outfitted commercial kitchen. He has created recipes using less than 10 ingredients to cook backcountry meals in less than 30 minutes. Learn more about him and his techniques at the Outside Adventure Expo in Salt Lake City, June 25-27th.
- Learn 10 Essentials For Overlanding From Podcaster And Author, Dean ShirleyDean Shirley gives advice for exploring off the beaten path and avoiding highways altogether. He might even convince you that his 2004 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited is the best vehicle for overlanding. From Arizona to Colorado, and other stops in between, Dean will explain how to make the most of the trails you encounter. Learn more from him at the Outside Adventure Expo in Salt Lake City at Utah State Fairpark, June 25th-27th.
- Learn to Embrace an Adventurous Lifestyle with Camille Swan at Outside Adventure ExpoProfessional stand up paddleboarder Camille Swan will be teach Outside Adventure Expo attendees about the benefits of pursuing passions and adventures as a primary focus of a holistic lifestyle June 25-27, 2021 at Utah State Fairpark in Salt Lake City.
- Learn Backcountry Nutrition Tips From Climber + Alpine Trail Runner, Linda WilliamsonLinda Williamson will teach backcountry nutrition classes at Outside Adventure Expo June 25-27, 2021 at Utah State Fairpark in Salt Lake City, Utah.